This burger is so simple to make and it is absolutely delicious. This picture shows the burger served with Dr. Esselstyn’s Quickest Black Bean Salad. A perfect quick meal for anytime of the year and it tastes as good as it looks.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1-2 teas. ground ginger
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 4 whole grain buns
- mixed greens
- sliced tomato
- balsamic glaze
- burger toppings including ketchup and mustard
- Remove stems from portobellos, wash and pat dry.
- Combine marinade ingredients and wisk.
- Place mushrooms in a dish and pour marinade over mushrooms.
- Put mushrooms “cap side” down on cleaned grill (top rack of bbq.) and drizzle marinate into “baffles” of mushrooms.
- Grill for about 15 minutes. Finally, turn the portobellos over and grill for a couple of minutes. Return to marinade bowl. Re-coat with any leftover marinade.
- Drizzle portobello with balsamic glaze and assemble your burger with mixed lettuces, tomato, avocado, and your other favourite toppings.
Back to Recipes