I love pancakes. Who doesn’t? These are a little something I created with the help of a couple of my favourite pancake recipes. Brendan Brazier’s Buckwheat and the Clean Eating Mama’s Buckwheat , meets barley flour. yumm!
- 1 cup Barley Flour
- 1 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups water
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients and mashed banana, and combine until batter is smooth. Add more water if batter seems too thick.
- Let sit for a few minutes. This allows the flax to set, which acts as a binder, (a great egg replacer). Even better, its loaded with omega 3’s!
- Heat pan on medium, and cook pancakes until bubbles pop. Flip and cook a few more minutes. Enjoy with maple syrup!
(maple syrup is an excellent source of manganese and zinc)