You will need:
2 medium sweet onions
3-4 cloves of garlic
4 large Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into chunks (leave the skin on)
1 1/2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
3 tbs curry power (I use Suraj)
1 15 oz can black beans (and their liquid)
3 medium tomates, coarsely chopped
1 cup veggie broth
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 cup water
1. Sauté onions and garlic in oil substitute (water or vegetable broth) until onion is translucent (about 5 minutes)
2. Stir in potatoes, mushrooms, curry powder, cook 5 minutes.
3. Add beans and their liquid, tomatoes, broth, jalapeno, vinegar and one cup of water.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
Serve on its own or on a bed of steamed rice.